Privacy and Security Policy for the “National Taiwan University Department of Library and Information Science Website”
Welcome to the National Taiwan University Department of Library and Information Science Website (hereinafter called the “LIS website”). We hope you will be able to access the information that you are seeking via this website. In order to protect your privacy rights when you use the services and information provided on the LIS website, please read this privacy and security policy carefully.
This privacy rights and information security policy only applies to the pages on the LIS website (lis.ntu.edu.tw domain). The policy does not apply to the external websites you find on the LIS website. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such external websites.
In order to protect your privacy rights when you use the services and information provided on LIS website, please read carefully the following information:
Gathering and use of information
- Your personal information is not gathered by our system when you browse and download files from the LIS website.
- When you participate in online services, your personal information is protected by the Republic of China “Personal Information Protection Act” and other relevant laws. Your personal information is not and will not be used for purposes other than collecting particular non-identifiable information.
- While you are browsing the LIS Website, the server automatically creates a log file. The file includes your IP address, duration of visit, your browser version/operating system, aggregated records on pages visited, and the search engine and search terms used to get to the LIS Website. The above information is used to improve the quality of the LIS Website. Your personal identifiable information will not be used for such analysis.
- We do not share any personally identifiable information with other entities or organizations, except when legally required to do so, at the request of government authorities conducting an investigation, to enforce compliance with applicable laws and policies governing our website (e.g., Norms for the use of NTU campus networks), or to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our website. Except as described above, we will not share any personal identifiable information with any party for any reason.
- We reserve the right to modify this statement and update it on this website.
For the purpose of website’s security and to maintain the services of website to operate normally, we are committed to protecting the privacy of our visitors and try our best to provide the following security measures:
- Firewall is installed to prevent illegal invasion and to avoid information being unauthorized retrieved.
- Operating system is regularly updated and web server platform is regularly checked for possible security vulnerabilities.
- Data of the website is backed up regularly and is kept in a secure place.
- The user shall abide by the “Taiwan Academic Network Management and Norms,” “Norms for the use of NTU campus networks” and related laws.
- The user may not use the service for any unlawful purpose or in any illegal manner.
- The user shall comply with laws and regulations of the Republic of China (Taiwan) and international practices of using the internet; the user from other countries shall abide by laws and regulations of their government.
- The user shall agree and guarantee not to infringe the rights of others or illegal acts while using this website.
- The violator shall be liable for penalties as provided by law.
All contents within the National Taiwan University Department of Library and Information Science Website, including the texts, audios, videos, images, and the layouts, are intellectual properties of the Department of Library and Information Science, NTU. Except as allowed by law (such as fair use), the LIS website and its contents cannot be reproduced, modified, or used in any way without prior written (including email) consent.
Copyright © 2015 Department of Library and Information Science, NTU ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Changes to this policy
From time to time, we may change the privacy and security policy of the LIS website. If a change is made, an announcement of the revised privacy and security policy will be posted on the LIS website. The Department of Library and Information Science reserves the right to change this website or cease offering this website at any time without liability. If you have any questions about this policy statement, or if you have any suggestions for the LIS website, please email email@example.com.